ROUTINE AIR CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE FROM HOWE
ROUTINE AIR CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE FROM HOWE
When first installed, your average air conditioner is expected to provide reliable cooling for years to come. But wear and tear, local weather, cottonwood trees, and just regular use will slowly affect the efficiency of your air conditioner. Investing in routine maintenance isn’t just one of the best ways to care for your cooling system; it’s also often required for your equipment’s warranty to remain valid.
We can set you up with a consistent maintenance schedule, calling you when the seasons change. You can also call us anytime to schedule a maintenance visit. Generally, the best time to perform these services is in the spring and the fall, because we can prepare your cooling and heating just before their busiest seasons. Don’t hesitate to ask about priority scheduling as well as setting up a low monthly payment plan to keep the cost of these services to a minimum.
Howe technicians are the local leading provider of quality air conditioning maintenance in Sioux Falls, SD, and the surrounding area. Even just one tune-up each year can protect key components and clear away dirt and grime. Schedule an appointment today by calling or texting Howe at 605-339-2020. For emergency service, please call right away.
QUALITY MAINTENANCE IMPROVES PERFORMACE
As long as their air conditioner turns on, many homeowners try to avoid spending any more money on their HVAC equipment than is absolutely necessary. You can also use tactics to keep your home cool to prolong the life of your system. But even top brands wear down eventually, costing you time and money. Over the lifespan of your average system, that could mean losing years of service.
Routine maintenance gives your air conditioning the best chance to continue working at peak efficiency. When you consistently invest in regular check-ups, you’ll also enjoy other benefits such as:
- Higher energy efficiency: when core components are kept in pristine condition, your air conditioner uses less energy to cool your home. Since routine maintenance can add years onto your equipment’s lifespan, energy savings can add up considerably.
- Lower risk of system failure: a sudden and permanent shutdown can often be traced back to ignoring AC maintenance. During a check-up, our technicians have the chance to recognize and resolve problems that would otherwise lead to system failure.
- Fewer problems needing repairs: quality maintenance isn’t only for key components. Every other aspect of your air conditioner is improved, which can lower the risk of problems happening in the first place.
Howe’s Air Conditioning Inspection Checklist
A thorough inspection is an important part of air conditioning maintenance. It gives our technicians an opportunity to examine your equipment closely, looking for signs of trouble. But even if we don’t find anything, there are still plenty of maintenance tasks and cleaning we can perform.
To make sure everything is covered, our NATE-certified technicians have compiled a detailed inspection checklist for air conditioners. We use this comprehensive list to ensure every part of your air conditioner is given professional attention.
During an air conditioning inspection, your technician will complete the following tasks:
- Inspect the air filter(s)
- Check the blower wheel
- Look at the pipe insulation and wall penetrations
- Check out the evaporator coil condition
- Audit all electrical connections
- Inspect the unit for refrigerant leaks
- Review compressor and motor contactor(s) condition
- Check the thermostat’s condition and current settings
- Confirm the supply voltage for both indoor and outdoor units
- Review the evaporator temperature drop
- Analyze the belts (if applicable) and replace as needed
- Clean the evaporator condensate drain line (to flush if needed)
- Dust the blower motor
- Cleanse both indoor and outdoor cabinets
- Clean the condenser coil condition
- Verify the amps for the compressor, condenser fan and indoor blower motor
- Confirm the refrigerant pressures and temperatures
- Authenticate proper refrigerant charge with superheat / subcooling
Once the inspection is complete, the technician records all their findings to share with you in a final report. Please feel free to bring up any questions or concerns you have about the process, as we’re more than happy to address them.
AC Maintenance FAQs
Routine preventive maintenance is a great investment into the long-term efficiency of your air conditioner. Don’t hesitate to ask questions about air conditioning maintenance services if you want the most from your HVAC system. Take a look at our FAQ for more information.
PROTECT YOUR SENSE OF COMFORT WITH AC MAINTENANCE FROM HOWE
If you want the most out of your air conditioner, routine maintenance is a must. And for the best AC maintenance in and around Sioux Falls, SD, there’s no one better than Howe.
Schedule an appointment or learn more about maintenance services by calling or texting 605-339-2020 today.