Completely Custom All-In-One Design/Build Solutions
We’re a top-rated, full-service mechanical contractor dedicated to bringing you a seamless design/build project experience from start to finish.
At Howe, we keep the inner workings of businesses running smoothly so the people inside can thrive and do their best work. For over 80 years we have been a trusted mechanical contractor offering plumbing, HVAC, and fire protection services to Sioux Falls and the surrounding communities. When it comes to design/build, you can count on Howe. Through our unique all-in-one approach to design/build, you have unlimited access to our in-house teams and technologies. Whether your project is simple or complex - from engineering and pre-construction services to custom fabrication and 3D modeling, we have you covered.
What We Offer
We offer an array of pre-construction and design integration services including: project concepting and scope review, budget management, cost estimating, design collaboration and management, 3D laser as-is build scanning, engineering analysis, life cycle cost analysis, constructability review, scheduling, and procurement.
Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)
Trust our VDC experts to help you develop a strategic project plan that incorporates the right tools and technologies to achieve your goals.
- 3D Scanning: Get accurate scans of existing buildings, rooms, and equipment and create scaled 3D models.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM): Turn your information into insight with this intelligent 3D model-based process.
- Robotic Total Station (RTS): Ensures highly accurate fit and placement using laser data collection and layout of survey points.
Our in-house team of licensed Professional Engineers can take your simplest idea and transform it into a full set of construction-ready plans.
Pre-fabrication projects have never been easier in our newly constructed state-of-the-art fabrication facility. In this conditioned environment, our team of craftspeople can produce high-quality fabricated products and systems including:
- Ductwork / Sheet Metal: With a fully automated duct fabricator / coil line, our team offers full-service sheet metal and custom metal crafting for projects of all sizes.
- Piping / Plumbing Spools: Our in-house fabrication facility allows us to easily pre-build and test any type of piping material.
- Skid / Rack / Container Assemblies: We offer pre-packaged, ready-to-ship systems as well as custom made-to-fit equipment skids pre-fabricated to simplify installation, reduce footprint, and limit downtime.
- Structural / Pipe Welding: Certified welders are experienced in process piping and pipe welding including carbon and stainless steel and aluminum.
Why Consider an All-In-One Option
Experience the freedom and flexibility of a solution built specifically for your needs.
Save time and money by working with various design/build experts on one team.
Get peace of mind knowing you’re working with a team of experienced professionals.
- Consultation: The first step in the process is a simple consultation meeting between our team and yours to discuss goals, budget, and other project details.
- Recommendation: Next, we’ll develop a plan with specific recommendations tailored to your needs that balance first cost, energy efficiency, and cost to operate and maintain.
- Approval: Then we’ll present the details of the plan to you for review and approval (the plan will also be shared with the design team and any subcontractors).
- Execution: Once you have approved the project plan, we’ll create a 3D model to fully illustrate all components of the project and we can begin.