Replacing your outdated air conditioning unit will not only save energy, but may pay for itself in the long run. Howe Inc. is Sioux Falls' leading air conditioning repair, service and installations provider, with 80 years of experience. Howe's technicians are the local experts on all of your home cooling needs. Don't wait for your air conditioning to rack up high energy bills this summer.
When should you replace your air conditioner?
- AC unit is 8-12 (or more) years old
- Your older unit is inefficient, costing you extra money
- Current AC unit needs frequent repairs or isn't keeping the house cool
Let Howe's certified HVAC technicians check your AC system to see if it needs to be replaced or if a simple tune-up can do the trick!
Air Conditioner Inspection Check List
Howe’s certified, expert technicians will execute a 16-point inspection to ensure performance and efficiency for your air conditioner during the hot summer months.
- Record equipment data
- Clean blower motor and inspect blower wheel
- Visually inspect air filter
- Check evaporator condensate drain line and flush as needed
- Inspect pipe insulation and wall penetrations
- Clean cabinet(s)
- Inspect evaporator coils and assess cleaning options
- Inspect all electric connections
- Visually inspect unit for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect compressor and motor contactor(s) condition
- Clean condenser coil
- Check thermostat condition and settings
- Check indoor and outdoor unit supply voltage
- Verify compressor, condenser fan, and indoor blower motor amps
- Verify and record refrigerant pressures and temperatures
- Verify proper refrigerant charge with superheat / subcooling
- Check evaporator temperature drop
- Record and report all data and discuss deficiencies upon completion